Monday, October 8, 2012

New Beginning.....

Starting a new job today.   I'm excited and nervous at the same time.   It's not the greatest job in the world .... but it's not the worst job either.    I only got a chance at this position because a friend of mine put in a good word for me.   Proving again that it's not what you know but WHO you know.   I am convinced that up to this point, my resume was working against me.    Everybody looked at me really funny .... like why are you applying for this job?    when you used to be "this'?   What's wrong with this picture?   I believe they always thought something was wrong.    There has to be something wrong if someone who used to do "THIS" for a living is now looking at doing 'this'.     I don't blame them.  I would likely be thinking the same thing and just bypass that person altogether.   Something's not right.    "It's just not a good 'fit' ...... like I heard over and over and OVER again.       But now ..... a friend of mine put in a good word .... said no, there's really nothing wrong .....she's just out of work and really needs to find SOMETHING.    ....so I have been given a chance.    I hope I don't mess it up.   

Worried that the puppies are going to be kenneled for over 8 hours today and won't get out to run until I get home.    I won't leave them un-kenneled after what happened to Paco last week.    They have to go in so there will be no fighting while I'm gone.    I've got riding lessons lined up as soon as I get home ..... then have to let all the horses out and clean stalls and do chores ..... then will likely crash and am assuming I will sleep a lot better tonight.   :o)    

I didn't sleep very well last night.   Was anxious about this upcoming week.  I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew.     8-4 everyday this week .... plus lessons 5-7 ..... plus dogs, horses, boarders, and full farm to maintain ..... plus Pumpkins and Ponies on Saturday and little to no time to plan costumes and music and work with Mr Gato.    I will likely not be on here for a while after this morning ......

Well, wish me luck!   I'm going to attempt to do it all ......  

No comments:

Post a Comment