Friday, July 27, 2012

Golden Wings ....

Another Friday ..... come and gone. Didn't do a whole lot. ....but I guess it was enough. Woke up at 5am like I do everyday. Made coffee. Ate breakfast. Played on Facebook for awhile. Watched HGTV. Did chores. Got ready to go to town to go buy more dog food. Noticed the front tire was a little low. Started up the big truck but it turned over kind of slow .... hmmm .... that's bothersome. Then I sat there as it ran a little bit and thought .... have I really not turned this truck on since Monday? Yup. I haven't left this farm since Monday. It's Friday. No wonder I'm going a little batty.

I did have a human being stop here on Tuesday that I talked to .... Schwann Man ... Ty. He didn't stay very long, though. I guess that's the only person I saw on Tues. Nobody on Wed. I did have a few people come out on Thursday for riding lessons. ....so I got to see five actual 'people' yesterday. I didn't even realize I hadn't left here for 3 days until I thought about it this morning. I think I could really hole up here and never leave ...... if I didn't need supplies. I'd be good.

Went and put air in my front tires ..... filled up with gas ..... didn't talk to anybody. Went to the grocery store. Some old guy said "Good Morning" ..... I said "Good Morning" back. Didn't talk to anybody in the store except the check out girl who asked if I got a seedless watermelon or a seeded one. I said I didn't really know. I just grabbed one. I kind of hope it's seedless but I guess if it isn't, I'll deal with it. She laughed. She said I guess you'll find out when you get home, huh. :o) ..... I did talk to the guy who carried my groceries out. I like that guy. Wish I knew what his name was. ....but you know how once you see someone enough times, you can't really ask them their name anymore .... then you move into the 'awkward' period where if you ask them their name, it's offensive because you've known them so long that you really should know their name by now. I don't know. That's how I feel. I've passed the proper 'name asking' time frame with this guy ...... so I guess I'll never know his name. Oh well. Life goes on.

Came home and unloaded groceries. Did dishes. Unwrapped the purple sequined fabric off one of my bridles and re-wrapped it in gold sequins .... then the phone rang. I usually don't have my pohone on. I'm not big on talking or texting on the phone ..... unless I've gone several days without talking to anyone. ....so I answered it. It was my friend Josie. She was asking about the parade tomorrow and asked for advice putting a costume together for her. Ok .... well, that's right up my alley. :o) I think I talked to her for the next hour. She probably was just waiting for me to shut up!! You can definitely tell I haven't talked to anyone in a while. :o) After I got off the phone with her I was kind of pumped up about the parade so I decided to try to put my isis wings together so they stood up on their own.

I went out to the barn .... let Gato out. Searched around in the washrack for a peice of PVC pipe I knew was in there somewhere. Went to the garage to find some more pipe. Got some wire, too. Went in the house ate some lunch then started testing things. I had a hoop skirt wire Stacey brought me last weekend ..... ruled that one out right away. Not sturdy enough. Wire I had from the garage drooped, too. PVC pipe ... PERFECT! Had to cut it .... duck tape it in an "x" shape to hold the 'wings' upwards ..... then proceeded to try to figure out how I was going to strap this contraption to me ???? with a costume over TOP of it.

After considering duck taping it to my body ..... I thought .... I really need a harness or something similar to my angel wings. Straps. Not sure if little straps are going to be strong enough to hold those big wings in place ...... hmmmm ...... what do I have here that might work? I tried some string ... I tried bungie cords ..... nope. Rope? Nope. What do I have here that has 'straps' on it that I could jimmy rig into a harness? I went into my closet....... a belt? no ..... then I saw some bras hanging .... A BRA!!! YES!! I can take an old, crappy bra ... turn it backwards like a backpack. YES! So I took an old one ..... got the duck tape back out and taped it onto the pvc pipes. I slid the arm peices over my back and strapped the huge wings on like a backpack. IT WORKED!!!! Awesome!! But they're HUGE! There's no way Gato's going to let me get anywhere near him with these on. Ok .... I've gotta go outside while he's out grazing hanging out in the pasture and get him used to these monsterous things.

I managed to maneuver my way out of the house after knocking a bunch of things off the counter .... got caught in the ceiling fan ..... almost caught the wings on fire from a candle on the stove. ..... but FINALLY got out the door with them. I was right. As soon as I got to the pasture, Gato snorted and ran the other way! He was having nothing to do with me and those wings. I finally got him to come up and smell them .... but then a wind gust came up and blew the wings towards him and away he ran again. After a while he was getting used to them. We got on the pedestal out there together .... he finally started calming down. I just stood them petting him ..... letting the wings flap over him ...... then a farmer drove by. I waved. He almost went in the ditch staring. I realized that I must look a bit odd .... standing out on a pedestal in the middle of a pasture .... with my horse .... wearing huge, golden wings. Probably not something you see everyday driving down a gravel road.

After I was comfortable enough that he wasn't going to buck me off tomorrow .... I went back in the house. Put the wings away. Worked on more networking on the computer trying to get some boarders and more riding lesson students in here. Took a break and watched Judge Judy with the puppies. Went back outside and did night chores...... cleaned Gato's stall ..... swept.....cobbed (yes, again .....bastards)......loaded up the trailer for tomorrow. ....and now it's 7pm and I'm back inside ready to make some supper and call it a night. I wonder if there's anything good on tv.

Another action packed Friday come and ALMOST gone ..... :o)

1 comment:

  1. Yet another good reason to never throw away an old ratty bra! Your creativity amazes me!

    ReplyDelete