Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Wings Worked!

Hey There Dancing Horse Fans!

Well, if you've been following us on Facebook, you know that the wings were a SUCCESS!! They worked! I was pretty nervous trying to actually get on TOP of Gato with those things on ..... but with Dani's help, we figured it out. I'm glad I redid them and jimmy-rigged a harness on them . I ended up mounting first and then having Dani hand them to me once I was on top. I sloooowly slipped them onto my arms and over my shoulders to get them in place. I was still nervous that Gato was going to freak out since they were so wide. There was virtually no wind out at all .... but even the tiny bit of breeze there was sent them flying since they were so lightweight. **Note to Self: DO NOT ever attempt to wear these if there is any wind out whatsoever. :o)

So anyway .... the parade was a lot of fun. We had some more new friends help us out this time again. Dani didn't ride -- she wanted to take pics and help me in case of an emergency with the wings. Krystle brought her horse, Jake, for his first parade. She also had her little sister, Nadi, and her brother Trevor along to help. Another friend of hers -- Monica -- rode along and ended up driving the big truck in the parade. So we had another full parade team.

OH .... and I can't forget our extra back up dancers that joined in the fun .... Josie brought her horse Boots and dressed up as an Indian; Cody was on his horse Rose and dressed up as a Cowboy. This was Rose's first parade, too. and last but not least was Dannielle riding her horse Aster. Aster actually is sired by a horse bred and raised here on the farm ..... Rey Derringer Bey. Derin was born here and was sold at an early age when weaned. He was gone for a few years and then returned when he was 4 or 5 years old. In the meantime, while he was out with his new owner, he sired a few foals. Aster was one of them. When we got Derin back, we gelded him ...... showed him a little at a few events......then re-sold him again. He's still living with the family we sold him to the second time. He is actually running barrells with his new family and is doing really well. ANYWAY ...... back to the story .... I thought it was sure a small world to accidentally run into Dannielle at the college one day and found out that she owns a Rey Derringer Bey foal. .....and then to become friends and to have them join us in a parade!! What a small world. :o)

Stay tuned for more Dancing Horse adventures!! I wonder who else we'll meet on our journey through life!!

1 comment: