Friday, June 29, 2012

Coulter Parade Tomorrow!!

Big News of the Day!! I caught my pony!! ...well, really Krystle caught my pony. She came over last night to help me round her up because the farrier is coming today. She ran a little bit then gave up pretty quick once she realized both of us were after her. Just like Tina. She does the same thing. I put her in a stall overnight so I wouldn't have to worry about catching her again when the farrier gets here this afternoon.

I'll be getting ready today for the big COULTER PARADE tomorrow. We didn't ride in this parade last year but we did two years ago. I rode Gato and the kids (Breanna and Brandon) rode Huck and Tess while Dani led them and Lexi walked throwing candy. I remember this was the first parade I actually rode Gato in back in 2010. I had ridden him at the Iowa Horse Fair in April 2010 and carrying the flag at the Spring Show in Cedar Rapids in May 2010 ...... but hadn't ridden him since then. I remember we couldn't get him loaded into the trailer with Huck and Tess because he was screaming and kicking so badly..... so we made two trips. Gato was still a stallion back then. We took Huck and Tess over then went home and got Gato and brought Gato over. Coulter is only 5 miles from the farm so it's not a big trip. Funny how many things change in two years. Two years ago at this time I was still scared to death of that horse not knowing him very well. I had a blast at that parade. He did great that day. We made two trips home I remember so we didn't have to put him in the trailer with the other horses. Man, how time changes things.

Coulter is about as big as Ellsworth so I'm guessing the whole parade ride through town will be about 10 minutes long. ....kinda like Ellsworth's. It should be a fun morning out. Not sure what we'll be wearing. I'm sort of leaning toward trying out my new pink, metallic isis wings ?? Haven't worn them on Gato yet since I got them. Not really sure if they'll work or not? I should really probably try them out first but what the heck ...... theyll be fine. I'll just put them on tomorrow and wing it. Hahahaha! Get it?? 'wing it' ..... with my isis wings. ok ... yeah, I'm tired.

So if there's anybody out there reading this that isn't doing anything tomorrow (Saturday June 30th) around 10:30ish to about 11:30ish, wanna come over to Coulter and drive the duelly and ride in the back of the truck and take pics ? I have no driver or photographer. Figured we'd just go without if nobody popped up. .... Even though I hate to do ANYTHING without paparrazi. I'm a picture fanatic. I figure when I'm old and grey, sitting in a nursing home all by myself someday I'll have my ipad in front of me looking at all my pictures reliving all the great times I had thoughout my life. The pictures in this blog are from the 2010 Coulter Parade which seems like a lifetime ago. Things were so much simpler then. If anybody's interested in a 'blast from the past' here's a link to the 2010 Coulter Parade photo gallery -- Gato's very first parade with me on board. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1503351301622.2067303.1169403749&type=3

No comments:

Post a Comment