Thursday, August 2, 2012

I Wish I Had a Crystal Ball ......

It's Thursday ... August 2nd. Can't believe summer is almost over! I saw some Halloween inspired things coming in through the computer. Is it that time already? You guys all know I have a soft spot in my heart for Halloween. That's my number one favorite holiday with Christmas in a close second. I'm so excited for "Boo at the Zoo" this year!! I can hardly wait!!!!

Well, this upcoming weekend marks the end of parade season. Not many parades or celebrations after the Iowa State Fair and that's coming up next week so the fun's almost over. I think Aredale is having their "Aredale Days" celebration and I heard somewhere that Dows is having Dows Corn Days this weekend as well. Both parades will be Saturday. I saw that maybe the Sheffield "Sourdough" Days may be on August 25th? That's a pretty late parade but I've got my fingers crossed that we might be able to find a few more stragglers before we have to hang up the costumes until next year. That's depressing .....

But I do have bit of good that may override the bad this time ..... I think I've found my new calling. I have been having an absolute BLAST giving riding lessons! I never thought in a million years it would be this much fun!! I'm really hoping that word gets around and I can pull in a few more students. This has given me a new reason to get up in the morning and keep going. I would absolutly LOVE it if I could book up the entire day and into the evening with kids wanting to learn how to ride and take care of a horse. As I have been reviewing some basics, I find it bewildering that not everyone knows what a cavesson is .... or a martingale ..... or how to cinch up a saddle. ??

I grew up with horses. Have been around them my whole life. My girls have too (being around me .... so they know everything I know). I take it for granted that everyone knows how to collect and round up your mount. I also figure that everybody knows what a "lead" is and if you're on the correct "diagonal", but now I'm seeing that everybody really doesn't know those things. They haven't even heard those WORDS before. :o) ......so maybe I'm not so washed up. .....maybe I do have something that I can still offer people out there that want to learn. ....maybe I've been focusing on trying to get back into something that I did years ago when I am sitting on a gold mine right here. Right under my nose. I have a great facility with champion horses and 40+ years experience in riding, showing, and breeding. Why not use what I have available to me right in my own back yard?

Some people say fate exists. I don't know if I totally believe that or not, but maybe if it does that could be why nothing has turned up for me application after application after application. Maybe this is what I'm supposed to be doing? Maybe this is what I've been waiting for ?? Has God been trying to tell me this but I wasn't seeing it? Am I supposed to be helping kids and adults find their passion for horses and teach them this skill to take with them through their lifetimes? ..... maybe?

I guess only time will tell. I am trying to be patient. I am trying to play this new hand I've been dealt and take life day by day lately. That's not something I'm good at. I like to plan. I like to know that things are going to be ok in the future. I do know that this last week I have actually been a little happier. I still cry ..... but not as much. I just wish I had a crystal ball .........

No comments:

Post a Comment