Wednesday, August 8, 2012

August 8th, 2012

Well, it's Wednesday. August 8th, 2012. So far an uneventful week. Nothing unusally interesting has happened. Just life.

We went to the Aredale Days Parade on Saturday. Josie and Cody came and helped Dani and I out. The two girls rode as my 'back up dancers' while Cody drove the truck AND took pics. He did a fantastic job handling both duties. It was a really short parade but we all had a ton of fun. :o) I'm really hoping we may be able to squeeze one more parade in before we wrap up the season. I see there are a couple scheduled for the last weekend in August. I'll keep my fingers crossed!!

I had some company come over on Sunday. Laura and Kim stopped by and we spent the afternoon visiting and talking about how to run a horse show. They are interested in running a little open show for charity and have never done anything like that before. I told them I'd give them some pointers so that was fun. I spent the afternoon telling them stories about how I used to do things and why. .....so many stories. ...some I have long forgotten. ....and some I wish I could forget. :o) It was a fun day as well.

Got up early on Monday and got a round bale. Did some more cleaning. Had a riding lesson with Jessica in the afternoon. She did EXCELLENT! She catches on so fast. She's a great student. Her mom came with her and brought her little neice, Lilly. Lilly and Deb walked around the farm and petted donkeys while Jessica rode Tess. Was supposed to go visit a friend in the hospital that afternoon but that got cancelled at the last minute so I just stayed home. All in all ..... a quiet day. ...but another good one. :o)

I spent yesterday working in the pasture trying to dig up all the twine that has accumulated out there over the years dropping round bales. My pasture is green .... but not green from grass .... it's a weird light green color from all the round bale wrapping sitting on the ground. I've heard horror stories from other people who have had accidents with that stuff -- horses getting hung, cut, and caught up in that string. I've never had an issue in all the years we've been dropping bales but I decided yesterday that maybe I should start picking it up and throwing it away. It can't be good for the ground and it's starting to look crappy out there. ......maybe I'm getting pickier in my old age. Who knows. I'd like to maybe start pasture boarding and that twine just makes the pasture look bad. So yeah ...... worked all day doing that. Didn't go anywhere or talk to anybody. Just worked by myself ..... with all the dogs around me ......and with Reymond and Huck constantly dumping over my wheelbarrow. God! They are such pests!! :o)

So that brings us to today .... Wednesday August 8, 2012. Another fairly quiet day. Got up early and went to the store to get some groceries. Krystle and Dani are coming over for supper tonight. Spaghetti. I think I'll make some brownies for dessert. :o) Jessica is coming over for another lesson. We're going to learn how to put on leg wraps and work more on lunging and ground work. We may go over posting, too. Tomorrow Erin is coming in for another lesson. I'm hoping my ads generate a few more students. I'm sure having fun showing the kids how to do things. I think the horses are having fun as well getting out and being used.

Ok ..... so that's all that's going on over here. I'm continuing on with life. Trying to make the best of things and seeing that maybe I don't have to be running 100 mph all the time to be happy. Maybe slow motion is ok for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment