Wednesday, August 15, 2012

One Week Later....

Yep, one week later since my last post. Not much has changed. I'll admit, I've been up and down and all around this past week. I sometimes feel like the picture to the right......like all the animals here are balanced on my shoulders and counting on me to get through this and take care of them. The weight of the entire farm is on me alone now.

Gato and I were scheduled to perform at the Sunrise Children's Zoo this Saturday (Aug 18th) but that's been cancelled so it looks like this will be another quiet weekend at home. Like last weekend. I actually haven't left the farm since last Wednesday when I posted on here last week. I'm saving a ton of money on gas ..... but not really doing much for my social life.

I've picked up a few more riding lesson students. So far after 3 weeks of advertising, I'm up to 4! All four are great kids. Jessica is already trotting on Tess and learning to post. Erin is getting better and better at turning and getting Gato to go. Aja and Jaden just started this week but both of them have great balance and great attitudes. I think they'll excel fast.

In the meantime, I continue to wonder if I can keep all this going out here by myself. The amount of work is sometimes overwhelming. I walk around and see so many things that are broken and need fixed before winter. I'm hearing this is supposed to be a rough winter. I worry a lot. I try to focus on each day and not think about what's coming. That's not easy for me because I'm a planner. I like to know what I'm going to be doing tomorrow and the next day and next week and next month and next year .... and 10 years from now. I used to have it all figured out. ....or at least I thought I did.

Well, time to sign off for now. I've got one lesson a day lined up for the rest of the week so that'll keep me somewhat busy. More ads are coming out today and tomorrow so I'm hoping the phone will ring and I'll be setting even more up. The farrier is coming in on Thursday morning. I will likely need to go somewhere in the next couple of days to get supplies, dog food, shavings, etc. ...so I'll need to leave the farm and get out into the real world for awhile. ...and I'll continue to try to get things ready for winter here. I really have my fingers crossed that it won't be as bad as they say it's going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment