Saturday, August 18, 2012

Popejoy Parade

We participated in the 2012 Popejoy Days Parade today. It was SO MUCH fun! I have never felt so welcomed in such a little town. It was wonderful. When we pulled up and parked and started getting ready, a lady came up to us and asked how many people were participating. She said everyone in the parade gets $1. One Dollar. AWESOME! I thanked her and handed Dani and Dannielle their dollars. They were also really suprised. We all got little American Flags, too. That is the first time we've actually been PAID to come to a parade. We made $3!!! :o) $1 each. AND we got a little gift, too!! She thanked us for coming and told us we all looked great.

Then a little later another lady came up and asked to take our picture and thanked us for coming. Almost everyone we passed in the line up area thanked us for coming and said how great we looked. As we rode in the parade -- people on the side of the road thanked us for coming. I tell you what ..... for such a tiny little town, this was one of the funnest parades we've been in. We felt so welcomed. I would go back in a heartbeat to this parade again. Not because we all got $1, but because everyone was so grateful to see us there. Awesome. It's nice to be appreciated. :o)

A big THANK YOU again to our friend, Dannielle Lease, for driving over and riding Huck so we had a trio and not just a pair. The weather was beautiful. I don't think I've ever worn that pink costume and not sweated my butt off in it. I was so cool and comfortable today. I could have ridden for hours. :o) I think Gato enjoyed himself, too. It was such a nice afternoon for a parade.

No comments:

Post a Comment